Mastrant, a Czech Republic-based, small but growing designer and manufacturer of very high quality guying ropes and accessories serving the amateur radio market, is currently seeking a North American representative to further grow Mastrant’s presence and sales in the United States and Canada. The ideal candidate would be based in the United States but be able to travel within NA, have or set up their self-employment status, speak and write English fluently, and be legally permitted to work in the United States. In principle, so long as the candidate is sufficiently fit to travel and attend events, there are no age restrictions to this post, indeed a recent retiree may well fit the position.
More specifically, this is the proposed job description (note that Mastrant is open to modifications to this list inasmuch as said modifications further Mastrant’s goals).
- Seek out the larger amateur radio clubs in NA and deliver, either virtually or in-person depending on cost-benefit, presentations of Mastrant products, and antenna guying in general, at their club meetings
- Attend medium to large hamfests for the purpose of either selling directly or exhibiting and/or presenting Mastrant products
- Write, and have published, magazine or blog articles on antenna guying that highlight Mastrant products
- Participate in the formulation of Mastrant marketing strategies for NA
- Liaise with and support current and future Mastrant resellers by providing technical support, training or joint sales activities
- Contribute to Mastrant’s English-language marketing materials including its printed materials and its growing online activities
In addition to elements mentioned previously, the ideal candidate would possess:
- Excellent spoken, read and written English
- Hold a General or Amateur Extra license
- Understand basic physics, notably those associated with antenna stress, strain and other
- Be sufficiently physically fit so as to travel, set up and dismantle trade show booths
- Either a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be, or be willing to establish oneself as a self-employed worker
- Depending on the number of hours (part-time vs. full-time) that is determined jointly by Mastrant and potential candidates, Mastrant will offer an hourly equivalent fee
- Mastrant is open to, and indeed hopeful for, a revenue sharing arrangement allowing the candidate to generate performance-based supplementary income.
- Inasmuch as the position is 'self-employed, employee-type benefits, including health insurance, taxes, and any other such expense will be the responsibility of the candidate.
- Mastrant will cover costs of authorized business travel and expenses related to exhibiting or otherwise interacting with customers.
- Mastrant will provide a reasonable 'office expenses' budget for incidentals.