- General provisions
- These General Terms and Conditions apply to purchases in our eshop between you as the Buyer and our customer and us as the Seller and operator of the website .
- The eshop is operated by Cassiopeia Consulting, a.s., IČO 25174576, with its registered office at Thámova 7/221, Prague 8, postcode 186 00, registered in the Commercial Register maintained by the Municipal Court in Prague, section B, insert 695.
- All contractual relationships are entered into in accordance with the legal code of the Czech Republic. If the contracting party is an individual consumer, those relationships not covered by these Business Terms and Conditions are governed by Act No. 89/2012 Coll., the Civil Code, as amended (hereinafter the “Civil Code), and Act No. 634/1992 Coll., the Consumer Protection Act, as amended. If, however, the contracting party is not a private consumer, those relationships not covered by these Business Terms and Conditions that apply to a business entity are governed by the Civil Code. By accepting these Business Terms and Conditions, the individual or entity expresses their consent with using means of remote communication.
- Definition of Basic Terms
- E-shop: the internet shop operated by the Seller on the website https://www.mastrant.com
- Purchase Agreement: for the purposes of these Business Terms and Conditions, the Purchase Agreement is understood to be either an agreement for the purchase of goods or an agreement for the provision of services.
- Buyer: any e-shop customer who purchases the Seller’s Goods and/or Services.
- Business Terms and Conditions: these Business Terms and Conditions, always in the valid version published as of the day an Order is placed via the E-shop.
- Order: an order place by the Buyer via the Seller’s website.
- Goods: any of the tangible movable items, consisting primarily of guy ropes, accessories, personal protective products and other items offered for sale via the Seller’s E-shop, which the Seller sells to the Buyer.
- Purchase Agreement
- Purchase Agreement originating at the time the Buyer places an Order: The Seller advertises Goods on the E-shop website. A Purchase Agreement originates at the time the Buyer submits an Order and this Order is accepted by the Seller. The Seller shall confirm the acceptance of the Order by means of a confirmation sent to the Buyer’s e-mail address as specified in the Order. The Purchase Agreement may be modified or cancelled only on the basis of a mutual agreement between both parties or for legal reasons.
- Prior to the submission of the Order to the Seller, the Buyer has the opportunity to check and modify the information that they have entered on the Order, including the ability of the Buyer to identify and correct any errors made at the time that the data was entered. The Buyer submits the order to the Seller by clicking on the ‘Create Order’ icon.
- The Buyer agrees that remote communication shall be used at the time the Purchase Agreement is made. The costs incurred by the Buyer for using any means of remote communication associated with entering into the Purchase Agreement (namely the cost of an internet connection and the cost of phone calls) shall be borne by the Buyer.
- All of the presentations of the Goods published on the website are for informational purposes only and the Seller is not obliged to enter into a Purchase Agreement for these Goods and Services.
- Binding Nature of the Business Terms and Conditions. The Buyer is bound by these Business Terms and Conditions immediately starting at the moment the completed Order is submitted. At the time the Purchase Agreement is made, the Buyer is always (re)acquainted with the valid version of the Business Terms and Conditions, and the Buyer must express their consent with the Business Terms and Conditions prior to submitting their Order. By confirming and submitting the Order, the Buyer declares that they are familiar with the valid Business Terms and Conditions.
- Order Cancellation
The Seller reserves the right to refuse to accept or to cancel an Order or a part of an Order in the following situations:
- The Goods are no longer produced or delivered;
- The Service cannot be provided or the Goods cannot be delivered due to a force majeure event;
- The customer has not paid the purchase price as specified on the Order;
- The Seller’s supplier has made a significant change in the price of the Goods or Service.
If the full purchase price or any part thereof has already been paid, this amount will be refunded to the person who paid it.
- Purchase Price and Reservation of Ownership Rights
The current price of the Goods and Services, inclusive of VAT, is always specified on the Seller’s website. The price of the Goods and Services specified on the Seller’s website on the day the Order is placed is always used to determine the final price of the Goods for the final Buyer. The Buyer acquires the ownership rights to the delivered goods only after the purchase price for the Goods has been paid in full.
- Payment Terms
The Seller reserves the right to change the price of the Goods and Services. The price valid at the time the Order is placed (i.e. the current price specified at that time on the Seller’s website) remains valid until such time that the Purchase Agreement is made. The Buyer is obliged to pay the purchase price for the Goods by no later than the day on which the Goods are taken over.
- Payment Methods for goods and paying taxes
By bank transfer – on the basis of the pro forma invoice0,- CZK
Cash on delivery30,- CZK
By credit card: payment occurs directly after ordering< (Visa, Visa Electron, Mastercard, Maestro)0,- CZK
Cash on stock – personal takeover0,- CZK
The invoice is allways sended by the Seller to the Buyer electronically (via e-mail).
- Delivery Terms
- Delivery Timeframe
- The Goods will be delivered according to the availability of the product and the Seller’s operational abilities within the shortest possible timeframe.
- Delivery Location
- The delivery location is specified in the Order placed by the Buyer. The delivery will be considered to have been completed at the time the goods are delivered to the address specified in the Order. The Seller will ensure delivery to the specified address. The shipment containing the goods generally includes a delivery list, instructions for using the product in Czech, and a warranty certificate (if one is included with the product by the manufacturer). The tax document (invoice) is sent to the e-mail specified in the Order.
- Transport of the Goods
- The packing and shipping costs are fully paid by the Buyer.
- In the Czech Republic and EU the goods are delivered mainly by the Czech Post or by the DPD. In the EU and worldwide the goods are delivered mainly by the Czech Post or by another shipping company. The shipping costs are variable, depends on the height and the total value of the goods ordered.
- Goods are regularly shipped on working days within 24 hours from recieving the payment or cash on delivery.
- Orders of the total order value over 3.500,- CZK (incl. VAT) are shipped free of charge in Czech Republic.
- Orders of the total order value over 10.000,- CZK (incl. VAT) are shipped free of charge in EU.
- Delivery Timeframe
- The Seller provides for the Goods sold via the E-shop warranty according to generally aplicable law in force, or as written in the warranty certificate. Warranty is no shorter than a twenty-four (24) month statutory warranty period. The warranty period starts at the time the Goods are taken over by the Buyer.
- Warranty is extended for a period during which the Goods warranty repair has been made.
- Warranty covers:
- Manufacturing defects
- Warranty doesn´t cover:
- Defects caused by improper or rough handling
- Defects caused by using contrary to the purpose of the product
- Defects caused by using contrary to the product manual
- Defects caused by mechanical damage
- Defects caused by natural disasters, such as flash, fire, high winds, water or another natural impacts
- Complaint Procedure
- The Buyer shall send the Goods that are the subject of the complaint to the Seller’s service location at the following address: STORAGE SERVIS, s.r.o. (Cassiopeia Consulting, a.s.), Ve Žlíbku 1800, Praha 9, PSČ 193 00, CZ.
- In the case of an acknowledged complaint, in a situation where it is not possible to replace the Goods or to remove the defect, the monies paid for the Goods, including the amount of shipping and packing costs, will be credited to the Buyer’s account (with the exception of any additional amounts associated with the delivery of the Goods resulting from the fact that the Consumer selected a delivery option for the Goods that is different from the cheapest standard delivery method offered by the Seller.
- The Seller shall notify the Buyer that the complaint has been processed by sending an e-mail to the address specified in the submitted Order or provided by the Buyer at the time the complaint is lodged.
- In the event that, at the time the item is taken over by the Buyer, the item does not conform with what is specified in the Purchase Agreement, the Buyer has the right to request the Seller to bring the item into a state that conforms with the purchase free of charge and without undue delay, according to the Buyer’s requirements, either by replacing the item or repairing the item. If this is not possible, the Buyer has the right to request a reasonable discount from the price of the item or to withdraw from the Purchase Agreement. This does not apply if the Buyer knew of the defect prior to taking over the item or if the Buyer caused the defect.
- Personal Data Protection
- The personal data of a Buyer (individual) and any individuals representing a Buyer (legal entity) are stored in accordance with the valid legislation of the Czech Republic.
- The personal data will be stored and collected solely for the purposes of entering into the Purchase Agreement, the delivery of the Goods and/or Services in accordance with the Purchase Agreement, the processing of complaints and any related tasks, and for the Seller’s archival purpose for maintaining information about completed sales. The data may also be used for the purpose of providing possible discounts and other benefits to the Seller’s customers.
- The customer’s personal data is fully protected against misuse. The Seller shall not provide the personal data of its customers to any third parties. The Seller may provide only the personal data that is required for the delivery of the goods to the transporter.
- Sending of Commercial Messages and Storing Cookies
- The Buyer agrees that information regarding the Goods, and the Seller’s business as well as the Seller’s commercial messages may be sent to the Seller’s e-mail.
- The Buyer agrees that cookies may be stored on their computer. If it is possible to make a purchase via the website and if the Seller is able to fulfil their obligations ensuing from the Purchase Agreement without storing cookies on the Buyer’s computer or other comparable equipment, the Buyer has the right to revoke the consent granted on the basis of the previous statement at any time.
- Concluding Provisions
- All contractual relationships entered into by the Seller as the first party and the Buyer as the second party are governed by the legal code of the Czech Republic, these Business Terms and Conditions, an any other relevant regulations of the Seller with which the applicable person has expressed their consent. Should any of the provisions of these Business Terms and Conditions become invalid or unenforceable, this shall have no effect on the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions contained in these Business Terms and Conditions.
- These Business Terms and Conditions allow the Buyer to make copies and to archive them. Immediately at the time that the Purchase Agreement is made, the Buyer accepts all of the provisions of the Business Terms and Conditions that are valid on the date when the Order is submitted, including the price of the ordered Good(s) and/or Services as specified in the confirmed Order, unless it has been provably agreed otherwise.